INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
DIAGRAM OF THE APPLIANCE (Fig. 1)
B. Safety lock (if provided).
D. Separator (if provided).
E. Defrost water drain plug.
F. Control panel.
G. Side motor cooling grille.
DIAGRAM OF THE CONTROL PANEL (Fig. 2)
1. Temperature adjustment thermostat.
2. Red light (if provided): indicates that the temperature
inside the product is not low enough.
3. Green LED (if provided): when lit, indicates that the
appliance is running.
4. Yellow/orange illuminated button (if provided):
activates/deactivates the fast freeze function.
When lit, it indicates that the fast freeze function is active.
The fast freeze function automatically deactivates after
about 50 hours.
The exact conguration of the control panel may vary
according to the model.
• Unpack the appliance.
• Remove the 4 spacers inserted between the door
and the appliance. (Fig 3)
• Make sure the defrost water drain plug (if provided) is
correctly positioned (E).
• For optimum appliance operation and to avoid damage
when the door is opened, leave a space of at least 7 cm
from the rear wall and 7 cm at the sides. (Fig. 4)
• Fit the accessories (if provided).
• Clean the inside of the appliance before using it.
SWITCHING ON THE APPLIANCE
• The appliance is factory set for optimum operation at a
temperature of -18°C.
• Plug in the appliance.
• The green LED lights up (if provided).
• Also the red LED (if provided) will switch on because
the temperature inside the appliance is not yet
suciently low for food storage. The red LED will
normally switch o within the rst six hours after the
appliance is switched on.
• After connecting the appliance to the mains supply
and when the optimal temperature has been reached,
ensure that the fast freeze button is not pressed (the
yellow LED, if provided, is o).
• Place food inside the product only when the red LED
(if provided) has switched o.
Note: As the seal is tight, the appliance lid cannot be
reopened immediately after closing. Wait a few minutes
before re-opening the lid of the appliance.
This appliance features “skin condenser” technology:
the condensing unit is integrated into the walls of
the freezer. For this reason the side and front walls
of the product may become hot while the product
is running. This is entirely normal and also reduces
the risk of condensation forming in particularly
critical environmental conditions (see paragraph
Use the thermostat to select the ideal storage temperature.
To adjust the internal temperature, proceed as follows:
• Turn the thermostat knob to 1 for a storage temperature
that is less cold.
• Turn the thermostat knob to 6 for a colder storage
• For partial loads, or when the load indicator is below
the “e” symbol inside the appliance (if present), it is
advisable to move the thermostat to the lower position
(on “e”, if present on the thermostat scale)
Preparation of fresh food for freezing
• Before freezing, wrap and seal fresh food in: aluminium
foil, cling lm, air and water-tight plastic bags,
polyethylene containers with lids, provided they are
suitable for freezing foods.
• Food must be fresh, mature and of prime quality in order
to obtain high quality frozen food.
• Fresh vegetables and fruit should preferably be frozen
as soon as they are picked to maintain the full original
nutritional value, consistency, colour and avour.
• Always leave hot food to cool before placing in the
Freezing fresh food
• Place foods to be frozen in direct contact with the walls
of appliance (Fig. 5):
A) - foods to be frozen,
B) - foods already frozen.
• Avoid placing foods to be frozen in direct contact with
food already frozen.
• For best and fastest freezing, foods should be split into
small portions; this will also be useful when the frozen
items are to be used.
1. At least 24 hours before storing fresh food in the
appliance, press the fast freeze button (4).
2. Place the food to be frozen and keep the lid of the
appliance closed for 24 hours. The fast freeze function
automatically deactivates after about 50 hours.
Refer to the table on the appliance.
Classication of frozen foods
Load and classify the frozen foods; it is advisable
to indicate the storage date on the packs, to ensure
consumption before the expiry dates listed in months in
Fig. 6 for each type of food.
Advice for storing frozen food
When buying frozen food, make sure that:
• The packaging is intact (food in damaged containers
may have deteriorated). If a package is swollen or has
damp patches, the product may not have been stored
in optimum conditions and therefore undergone partial
• When shopping, leave frozen food purchases until last
Whirlpool 에 대해 질문이 있고, 그에 대한 답을 설명서에서 찾을 수 없나요? 여기에서 질문하십시오. 문제와 귀하의 질문에 대한 명확하고 포괄적인 설명을 제공하십시오. 귀하의 문제와 질문에 대해서는 다른 Whirlpool 소유자가 더 쉽게 좋은 답변을 제공할 수 있습니다.
질문 수: 0